Quantcast

Anyone using the IBM JVM for Scala

David Pollak
Folks,

I am trying to use the IBM 1.5 JVM to run Scala.  Just typing "scala"
results in a process that uses 100% cpu that must be kill -9'ed to stop it.

Anyone out there tried the IBM JVM?

Thanks,

David

Re: Anyone using the IBM JVM for Scala

Stéphane Micheloud

David Pollak wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I am trying to use the IBM 1.5 JVM to run Scala.  Just typing "scala"
> results in a process that uses 100% cpu that must be kill -9'ed to stop it.
>
> Anyone out there tried the IBM JVM?

I have the same problem. Thank you for reporting the issue.

We'll try to fix that issue before releasing version 2.4.0 of Scala
(planned for this week).

Bye
--Stephane

> Thanks,
>
> David

Re: Anyone using the IBM JVM for Scala

David Pollak
You guys rock!

Looking forward to 2.4

Stéphane Micheloud wrote:
David Pollak wrote:

Folks,

I am trying to use the IBM 1.5 JVM to run Scala.  Just typing "scala"
results in a process that uses 100% cpu that must be kill -9'ed to stop it.

Anyone out there tried the IBM JVM?

I have the same problem. Thank you for reporting the issue.

We'll try to fix that issue before releasing version 2.4.0 of Scala
(planned for this week).

Bye
--Stephane

Thanks,

David

Re: Anyone using the IBM JVM for Scala

Warren Henning
On 2/26/07, Stéphane Micheloud <[hidden email]> wrote:
> (planned for this week).

Impressive!

The way scala-lang.org has a sidebar that shows how there's frequent
incremental releases is brilliant. Showing that Scala has sustained
development momentum is a very good idea, I think.

Warren

Anyone knows how to report a bug in IBM JVM? [was Re: Anyone using the IBM JVM for Scala]

Iulian Dragos-2
We found the problem: it's zero-length 'InnerClasses' classfile
attributes. The current SVN version has this fixed, but I was trying to
looking for 1/2 hour already all over the IBM Java Technology page, and
couldn't find any link to a bug reporting tool. Do any of you guys know
how to report a bug to IBM? :-)

Cheers,
Iulian

« Je déteste la montagne, ça cache le paysage »
Alphonse Allais

Re: Anyone knows how to report a bug in IBM JVM? [was Re: Anyone using the IBM JVM for Scala]

Rich Dougherty
On 3/1/07, Iulian Dragos <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Do any of you guys know how to report a bug to IBM? :-)

Here's the Java support page (which I'm sure you had found):

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/webservers/appserv/runtimes/support/

There's a "Report problems" link, but it seems to lead you to a page
with the phone number of their regional office. :-)

Maybe you could post to the forum. I had a look and it seems that IBM
staff participate actively.

Rich

--
Rich Dougherty