Quantcast

ANN: Akka 1.0-RC3 released!

√iktor Ҡlang
People of the JVM,

I'm proud to announce that we've just released Akka 1.0-RC3!

We've bent the rules and introduced some new features, enhanced API:s and misc improvements and bugfixes - all to make sure that 1.0 becomes a truly awesome release.

Changelog: http://doc.akka.io/release-notes
Migration guide: http://doc.akka.io/migration-guide-0.10.x-1.0.x

Most imporantly we've refactored the Remote-API to make it easier to use and to allow us to implement alternate transports in the future.
(i.e. AMQP, 0MQ or others)

Please help us bang out the last bugs, if any!

Download:
- Akka (for the core modules): https://github.com/jboner/akka/downloads
- Akka Modules (for the Microkernel distribution): https://github.com/jboner/akka-modules/downloads

Both the akka and akka-modules repos have been tagged with the v1.0-RC3 tag if you wish to check the source out.

/
Viktor
        - on behalf of the Akka team

--
Code Connoisseur
Work:   Scalable Solutions
Read:   klangism.tumblr.com

Re: ANN: Akka 1.0-RC3 released!

Tim Perrett
Congratulations mate :-) Yet more awesomeness from the Akka project.